Friday, June 12, 2009

Rules of the Roost

"A kindhearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth." Proverbs 11:16

Finishing off a California peach and slowly sipping my third cup of sludge as the dense fog of the morning 
blocks my view of Jersey and the Hudson is calm. I've escaped to a respite, while she sleeps off her hangover.

 Not that I had the gloves on, but if I did, they are officially coming off.
Either I am living with the most self indulgent, selfish, insensitive 40 something or an absolutely and innocently oblivious to other's feelings girl in a cocoon. However, I'm skeptical about the latter.
 As if coming home from a reunion dinner and invitation to sleep in a bed at the W to a straight Grey Goose Vodka (no ice because she doesn't refill the ice trays) induced full on 4 AM soiree in the living room wasn't fighting words enough. Then the  yelling, "it's all about my tits" into the wee hours....
 Cue Xanax, headphones, Enya. Peace. Kind of.
But to wake up to candles burning to the wick and discover my weeks of stockpiled chocolate, cookies, and other tasty assortments ALL consumed by the party attendees late night munchies..and what looked like an egg fight on a hot stove...was the bell dinging and the vacating of corners to the center of the ring.
The sexcapades are no longer safe with me. Your BJ's for cash flow are fair game.  It has reached its maturation. There are plenty of other rooms in Manhattan.

There are women that prefer to live alone and then there are those that will the rest of their lives.
Soon I will enjoy co-habitation with MY HUSBAND once again....and my room will be empty.
And then there was one.

What ever happened to consideration?



1 comment: