Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Same Rear View

"And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD." Ezekiel 16:14

Like rain falling on a window pane. Tears came to my eyes when I asked his name
Made me holler when it finally came. Said "Only the children born of me will remain"
'Twas like thunder all thru the night. And a promise to see Jesus in the morning light
Love say "Take my hand, it'll be alright. C'mon save your soul tonight" PRINCE

The thunderclaps kept the city that never sleeps wide awake last night.

There is a saying that in "this business" that you are only one job away from making it big. The Serious Break. You know the day you go from crossing as a wipe at the end of the scene to an under five with the principal actress onto submitting your bill for a cut and color to the tune of 10K (rumor has it Harvey Keitel is VERY specific about his hair products.)
However,this fifty hour four day work week was not it.... But just enough face time and fame brush to keep the flame lit...despite the comment from my dear friend who proclaims to only "talk shop" incessantly on set (getting us all shushed), that I am a very generic blond.  And I've got that going for me???

How to become famous:

Be exceptionally outstanding in your chosen field. (my first pick)

Be radically different
or
Incredibly bad

Have Perfect Timing.

Chase your Dream

Sleep with the A.D.

As my actress aunt's best friend said to my father when I was a little girl.
"Fame...she is a bitch."

Leading or Following..is there an easy route?



No comments:

Post a Comment