Sunday, July 26, 2009

Can I Get a Witness

"He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you"  John 16:14

"Odd, the way the less the Bible is read the more it is translated." CS Lewis

Witnessing is evangelizing to others about the forgiveness, love, deliverance, and strength that you have found in Jesus. Jesus' last instructions to His disciples before he ascended was to go out and mission to others what they had seen and heard. He promised them they would be filled with the unspeakable power of the Holy Spirit to give the words that they could share the true life changing power.


Whether I was skipping school or at swim team.
Smoking pot or selling Guthries chicken sandwiches
Sailing high on the ocean blue or sitting in an AIDS orphanage in Africa.
Drunk on love or lost in pain.
Casting a conservative ballot.
Or Rocking a Liberal Vote.
Single, Satisfied, Married, or Melancholy.
On psychedelics at a Grateful Dead Show.
Or on my face in my bedroom.
With friends, strangers, acquaintances, or alone.
I've been praising God.

Yeah, nobody told me there would be days like these, strange days indeed.But as much as I've changed, challenged, feared, and felt. My faith and loyalty has always remained with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And those that know me best know this truth.

An oooold friend sent me a message today and I fell on my knees and cried. It's been over ten years since we last laughed and got lost in the sounds of a Widespread Jam....He's found Love. Fatherhood. Some sober days and serene salvation.
And he wanted to tell me he remembered me sharing.....so many years ago.

I don't believe it is a responsibility to tell the whole world about Jesus. But I remain unshakable to the fact it is my privilege to share with my world, my Lord.

You can't be the sun, soil, or rain. But you can freely give out the seeds. 

Are you shamed to share your beliefs?



No comments:

Post a Comment