Friday, July 10, 2009

So Gone for Too Long

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got til it's gone..." J.Mitchell

Nightfalls again and three weeks pass since I left Manhattan. 
Time flies whether your having fun or not. And this year to date is the most fleeting of my life. To quote my mom's friend..."One day you wake up and are shocked that you are this old." 
Finishing the work day at Splendor Mountain, we shared a few Pims cocktails and cornbread in a swing overlooking the glorious still narrows of Lake Rabun. Where the quaintness of small woods charm has almost been squelched by the status symbol mansions.

Does everything become tainted with time? 
Will we continue to pave paradise?

Our hosts dropped us off on the dock after a moonlight commute across the quiet water. Still calm from the clean wind in my face, we navigated through the packed "parking lot" of lake living modes of transportation...
I noticed all of the keys in the ignitions. And thought of a time gone by.  Just what is our advancement progressing us towards? 

I believe no matter what generation you are born in, you crave the simpler days. Safer Ways. 
Whether it be my mom's generation of unlocked front doors or my husband's grade school bus driver taking nips of whisky as he drove his bus route in the early 80's...(okay, not so safe)
But... if 50's Doo-Whop condoned sex and Today's Hip-Hop creates criminals, what will tomorrow bring?? 
And while I'm on the subject, why is it that everyone born before 1960 refers to all Asians as Orientals?
Never Mind.

Girls, take us home......

Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days
Sometimes it feels like 
This world's gone crazy
Grandpa, take me back to yesterday
When the line between right and wrong
Didn't seem so hazy....The Judds

Truly, in our world where greed is growing and trust is thinning, was yesterday the better day?

No comments:

Post a Comment