Monday, July 13, 2009

Vulnerable

"For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." Deuteronomy 20:4

Then what's with all the losing?
If my security gals from Broadway were here, they'd tell me to never question God....

Received a second casting call today to be a featured journalist on the new Drew Barrymore movie that started production today in Manhattan. The agent wanted to book me for four days of matching shots with the possibility of getting all of my waivers needed for my membership card with the Screen Actor's Guild.

You know what I had to tell him? I'm driving in bumper to bumper traffic in Suburbia Sprawl, Georgia and I have to pass on the job....But thanks. Uh, call me again.

Received a call from the IRS saying I owe them a middle management salary's worth in penalties and that I should liquidate all my assets (??) or borrow from a family member (??) to satisfy my debt and get the monkey off my back.
You know what I had to tell him......?

Yep, it's officially my state of mind in this state that has me waxing negatively. 
Or maybe it's all my responsibilities flooding my mind in a rushing river because time took its finger out of the dam....
It's any one's guess, but maybe I can outrun it.

To cheer myself up, I will now take the what famous stoner are you quiz...

Indeed if the Lord is fighting my battles, why do I feel so battered and bruised?
If your hands were tied, would you still feel protected?





No comments:

Post a Comment