Saturday, July 25, 2009

Roll With It Baby...

"And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry."  Luke 12:19

Southern Nights Have You Ever Felt a
Southern Night Free As A Breeze
Not To Mention The Trees
Whistling Tunes That You Know And Love So.Southern Skies Have You Ever Noticed
Southern Skies It's Precious Beauty
Lies Just Beyond The Eye
It Goes Running Thru Your Soul Like The Stories Of Old. GC

Do I feel like I'm home because I'm so close to leaving?

Ten days before I return to the grind of Manhattan living,  and I finally catch on to what this whole relaxing concept means....

Sleeping until a cool ten AM...relishing stiff coffee with heavy cream in a rocking chair, sitting down to a fried chicken, scratch biscuit, and tomato and corn butter pie for a mid day dinner in the clean sun, before meandering down yonder to our local watering hole for free pints of Shock Top Belgian Wheat's accompanied with the ripest slices of Florida oranges and a slate patio with a southern acoustic set.

Time has become my arch enemy...and now I know it will always win....But giving in is the feat.

If you can't beat em join em.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment