Saturday, July 18, 2009

Christianity 101

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' Acts 20:35

Politics, Religion, Gun Control, and Drug War...which one will it be today?

Someone mentioned something that struck a
nerve with me and is a loaded question I have heard a lot over my bible believing years...And even asked myself.
"So, what did you get out of service today?" Say what? "What did you get out of the sermon today? Well...

Surprise, I've got an opinion , the four walls of a church stand for a number of reasons. One for a body of believers to come together and WORSHIP the Lord collectively and openly. It also serves the searchers and believers to be fed and equipped with the living Word to go out and tell others about the Lord..
  I believe we go there to give thanks, give praise, and lift up the name of Jesus and honor the blessings that He has bestowed on us. It is not social hour, a who's who event, or a gossip den, but a place to fall on your face in His presence, in gratefulness for the humble grace and love that is ours for the asking because of His Blood that was slain.
Yes, I do honor the learning. I have a great deal to be taught. (ugh, passive voice)
Yet,  it is one thing to be convicted on issues that move you to act or change and and quite another to just warm a pew. Because everyone knows it's quite easy to just be a Christian on Sunday. It's the rest of the days that are an upwards struggle.

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus....MWS

Cause Y'all even in my faithless hour, He has been so good to me.

Would you rather sit and nod or stand and know?




No comments:

Post a Comment