Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Peaches and Scream

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Matthew 23:25

"Some people want to die, so they can be free." 

He may not be the King of Pop, but he is Prince.
Not only a brilliant lyricist but a prophesying genius.

And more prophesy...

So what does this mean?
Kicking me down
I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds
The whole system sucks -you're sellin out souls but
I care about mine
I've got to get stronger
And I won't give up the fight..Michael and Janet (regarding the talking heads)

God Willing this is the last time I mention it. But to clear up my motives.... 
Watching and listening to his music and his moves is reliving my fantastic MTV obsessed childhood. 
I appreciate him and his tormented siblings. I relish his sheer all star talent and humbleness.  I believe MJ wanted peace and genuinely was an open and kind individual blind to color. 
My fervent anger is with the turncoat hypocritical media that pretends to act as though they thought the same. Crucify and Sanctify as long as it butters your bread.

And talk about separation of church and state. I believe that Elvis Presley said it best when asked his opinion of the Vietnam War, Man, I'm just an entertainer, leave that to the politicians.
E News and E Tonight milk his fame all you want, cover all angles of the contents of the casket, interview the people who folded his white socks,  but when we are taking our time to honor this man on in Washington when N. Korea is firing missiles, China is rioting, Obama's getting a lesson on the Cold war, our women and men are dying for our freedom, and our economy is in the shitter is where I question our priorities.
 
I know they have better things to talk about than another politician's infidelities....
Leave that to me.  Edwards they downplay and Sanford they display...
Argh!!! And the all knowing "they" say homosexuals will ruin the sanctity of marriage.

I'm fired up and didn't even watch the news today.  
Alright, all spewed out.
Maybe tomorrow will be sweet peaches and cream....

"With such confusions don't it make you wanna scream
Your bash abusin victimize within the scheme
You try to cope with every lie they scrutinize
Oh father please have mercy
Cause I just can't take it
Don't it make you want to scream......"MJ & JJ


Do you whip and worship at your convenience?


No comments:

Post a Comment