Saturday, October 17, 2009

Choice-The Operative Word

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm
51:2

The ancient radiators have officially kicked on and will remain at a constant hiss for the next 6 months..
Goodbye flips. Hello Uggs. Man I needed this day.

Could have started this cool Saturday morning with two crisp apples, hot cinnamon cider donuts, and a walk around Union Square Green Market. Might have began the weekend with a large MUD coffee and their specialty buttermilk pancakes with thick maple syrup spilling over the edge before I strolled to the flea market in Madison Square Park. Thought hard about grabbing a Balthazaar latte and almond croissant and hopping the express to take in the color at Central Park Reservoir. Could have savored the nutella and marscapone cheese crepes they make on the corner of St. Mark's as a appetizer to an afternoon at a Tim Burton exhibition at MOMA. Wanted to make the dripping cheese and chocolate fondue run this AM before touring the art galleries at Highline. Considered treating the new New Yorker in me to a $20+ Bloody Mary at the Top of the Rock using the spectacular view as a reminder of all that can be accomplished.

Instead. I slept the sleep of the dead until 11:30 as the wind blew against my windows. Made waffles and sausage in my fleece. Sang the young Irish anger of Sinead circa 1988 at the top of my lungs. And consummated my marriage again.

Doesn't doing a whole lot of nothing feel a whole lot of good?



No comments:

Post a Comment