Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Setting Up Camp

"Some wandered in desert wastelands, finding no way to a city where they could settle." Psalm 107.4

Me and eight million others on the other hand are thriving.

Riddle me this. If a cabbie is screaming through traffic on a cross town street and suddenly slams on the brakes, throwing me into the floorboards, spilling the entire contents of my bag, and breaking the porcelain coral lamp I was hand delivering, is it his fault?
His reply...negative.

Here's the grand ole' news. The ONE item on my life list which could have conceivably had a cumbersome "what if" proceeding it for the rest of my Earthly duration, has been accomplished. ..
Nope, not pregnant.

But if it is God's Will, by the end of this week, I'll be down one weighty mortgage.
And come spring, Lord Willing, strictly a roaming renter....
And settled, well that's all very relative.

"I tell you every street's a boulevard in old New York
Every street's a highway of your dreams...
Every street's a boulevard in old New York
Streets are paved with happiness in old New York
We're proud you're a part of it
We're happy that you came.
Each sidewalk is a concrete path to fame..In this great metropolis called New York town."
Dean Martin

Do you pitch your tent by instinct or inspiration?

1 comment:

  1. Dino sung it but sure didn't write it. He is before the singer/songwriter era.
    I really believe in credit where it is due in these matters:

    EVERY STREET'S A BOULEVARD IN OLD NEW YORK
    From the Broadway musical "Hazel Flagg" (1953
    (Jule Styne / Bob Hilliard)

    So I guess it is Hilliard, Styne being a music guy.

    ReplyDelete