Saturday, October 3, 2009

Our Town

"As you enter the home, give it your greeting." Matthew 10:12

"Want a man with a scar on his face and a peg leg
Drives his cab fifteen miles per hour down Broadway
Looks at me with his crooked smile while Gershwin plays
Hits his breaks and points out the freaks on St. Mark`s place
Here we go
Its the rhythm of the rain that falls
Its a cab ride at five a.m.
Manhattan goddess with your Levis and curls
New York City I`m coming home again..." MOE

Thank you Anna.It's 4 AM and I am starting to see a reckless trend of playtime interfering with reflection time...

It's the rain, the Chinatown Karaoke, the wooing of the wet rosso wine from Italians on Mulberry, the old school Ice Cube groove and the Filipino prance in a kind bud filled speakeasy that occupies my mind and keeps me from my home.
No wonder my husband and I are sombering so soundly in a double bed. We're sleep deprived.

It's a full moon and the freaks come out at night. What did you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment